More often, i mix and mingle with people who cannot define their surnames. Most African surnames are derived from our ancestors and normally these were their nicknames/sobriquets that described their behaviour, character, hobbies and lifestyles. It is also common for people to use their clan names or totems as their surnames .
If case this catches your attention and you would like to define your name for the benefit of your future generations, Zimtribes.com is the platform for you and here is how you go about it:
- Register or login (if you are already registered) onto www.zimtribes.com.
- After logging in, click on the “Contributions” tab.
- Then go to the top right corner and click “Add New”.
- On Category choose either People or Places and on Title type the name you would like to define.
- Finally, describe the meaning of the word under “Description” in a highly summarised way.
- Click “Save” button and you are done.
The name will go live within 12 hours
One Reply to “What does your name mean?”
I love this group